If you’ve never been airbrushed before you may have some questions, below are some points that may explain the process a bit better. If you still have any reservations feel free to call us, we’d be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
- You may wear whatever you feel comfortable in for your session. We suggest something dark in color.
- Wear flip-flops or loose sandals. No socks or boots right after tanning.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing if possible. If you wear light clothes you may experience “rub off” on the inside of your clothes. This is caused by the bronzer, which serves as a guide for the technician as the tan is applied. The “rub off” will wash out of most materials.
- For best results, schedule waxing appointments at least a day before your tan. If you are unable to shower or properly exfoliate prior to your session, let your technician know and use our Toner before your tan.
- Before the tanning session, make sure you shower, shave and exfoliate. Do not use oil-based exfoliates. These types of exfoliates leave a residue that blocks the tanning process. Our Amber Sun moisturizing body scrub is recommended for use with a washcloth or gloves. Make sure your body is free of make-up, moisturizer, and perfume.
- The technician will give a consultation on your on ideal results and you will choose the appropriate solution and shade for your skin type.
- Please inform your technician of any skin issues or trouble spots you may have had with other sunless tanning products.
- At client’s request, the technician will apply a protective moisturizer for manicures, pedicures, and dry skin areas.
- The tanning session takes 10 minutes. A technician will apply your tan by hand. The application is flawless. No messy hands and feet, no streaking, and no clean up.
- Do not worry if your hands and feet appear lighter than the rest of your body. These areas are purposely sprayed lightly because they develop more than other areas of the body. If too much solution is applied to these areas, (which tend to have dryer, callused skin), they will look unnaturally tanned
- Baked will give you a maintenance card when you check out. On this card we tell you how long to leave your solution on for before showering.If possible, the first shower should be a lukewarm rinse.
- If you notice any flaws on your skin prior to your first shower, they are likely rubs from clothing.
- Remember to wash only the palms of your hands until after your first post-tan shower.
- During your first shower, the color run off is also just the bronzer used as a color guide so that the technician can see that she is applying your tan evenly. This color is not your tan.
- Wait until after your first post-tan shower to exercise. Your new tan needs to fully develop before sweating.
- Scrubbing, exfoliating, shaving, and waxing will cause the tan to fade more quickly.
- Swimming and soaking in pools, hot tubs, and saltwater dry out your skin and shorten the life of your tan.
- The more you moisturize (with non-oil based moisturizers) the longer your tan will last.